American Gold Star Manor
Housing Assistance Grant
The 2023 Application Period is now open.
The 2023 grant cycle will end on 12/31/2023
At American Gold Star Manor, one of our primary goals is to ensure housing stability for Gold Star parents. As part of this work, we developed the American Gold Star Manor Housing Assistance Grant to provide temporary financial housing support for Gold Star parents through short-term rental and mortgage assistance.
Grants will be awarded by the Manor to cover three months of rent or mortgage payments, not to exceed $5,000.
In general, applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for Grant funds:
1. Gold Star parent residing in the United States.
2. Low-income household/family. For the purpose of this grant, we are defining low income as any family or household with a combined income of no more than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level. Total household assets must be below $70,000.
For 2023, the following income limits apply:
- a household with 1 family member is limited to $43,740 in income
- a household with 2 family members is limited to $$59160 in income
- a household with 3 family members is limited to $74,580 in income
- a household with 4 family members is limited to $90,000 in income
- a household with 5 family members is limited to $105,420 in income
- Each additional family member increases the income limit by $15,420
3. Be experiencing some type of hardship or emergency (including recent job loss, illness, housing instability, etc.)
4. Grants are limited to one per household per calendar year. Applicants are ineligible if they have received the Grant three consecutive times previously.
5. Cannot be a board member, foundation manager or substantial contributor to AGSM or a family member of a board member, foundation manager, or substantial contributor of AGSM
As part of the application, you’ll need to have ready: