Events at the Manor
Check your building bulletin board for updates
For times and locations, refer to the resident newsletter or contact the office. American Gold Star Manor is committed to serving all of our residents; accommodation and adaptation are available for all programming, please contact the office to speak with the Resident Services team about any questions or concerns.
- Walking Group – enjoy the beautiful property and meet your neighbors while getting moving! Everyone is welcome!
- Van Trip – Free shuttle to shopping, appointments, excursions, and more!
- Chaplains host weekly Bible study and chat-with-a-chaplain!
- American Gold Star Manor Voices Choir – learn new songs and old classics with Rock for Vets! Live choral instruction and piano accompaniment!
- Crochet Club – all handicrafts are welcome! Visit with your neighbors while working on your favorite craft!
- Movie Night – see the latest films and beloved classics all for free! Popcorn and water are provided, but feel free to bring your own snacks too!
- Yoga and Meditation – Feel great inside and out with this highly adaptable wellness program designed for all ability levels!
- Life Fit Exercise Class – cardiorespiratory, muscular fitness, flexibility, and balance exercises designed to promote holistic fitness and wellness for older adults of all fitness levels!
- Water Aerobics – Low impact cardio exercises with light equipment performed in the pool!
- Line Dancing – Learn beginner friendly choreographed dances to popular songs!
- Technology Support – One-on-one appointments and workshops are available to learn to use devices and to resolve technology related issues!
2nd Wednesday of every month, 10AM-2PM, Community Center Parking Area – St. Mary’s Medical Center brings their mobile van to provide free health screenings. St. Mary’s Medical Center also provides monthly Health Series presentations in the Recreation Hall; check your newsletter for dates and times.
2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month, 2:30PM, Community Center – Help Me, Help You provides food boxes.
3rd Tuesday of every month, 12PM, Picnic Area Parking – OC Food Bank provides food boxes.
24/7 Chaplain Emergency Line – Crisis support, intervention, or just a friendly voice the chaplains are here for you when you need them. Check flyers and newsletter, or call the front office, for more information.
Holidays and special events
American Gold Star Manor is proud to provide numerous events and celebrations for residents throughout the year. Events are typically hosted in the Recreation Hall. To Learn more about upcoming events in the resident newsletter.
The Recreation Hall may be reserved by residents for private events. Contact the office for more information.